Life-Force Manipulation its the power the generate, shape and manipulate the essence of life, presented in all the universe and that allows life to exist and develop. Energetic variation of Life Manipulation.
The life-force exist with different names: qi, chi, aura, aether, quintessence, etc; and through its mastery a character is capable to perform a great variety of effects, such Healing, Empowerment, Longevity, Soul Manipulation, and much more.
- Qi: Qi or Chi its the vital force contained within living organism that constitutes health, latent energy that generally can be mastered via martial arts and meditation .
- Aura: Also called Chakra, the spiritual counterpart of Qi, its the esoteric and invisible radiation that surrounds both the living …
Read more >
Distance from the thunder clouds to the top of the mountain is 355.8 meters.
Using regular lightning speed = 8.0864e-4s perceptions. (supersonic+)
Using Zetsu's timeframe = Mach 1046.2Read more >
There are crimes (not really) being committed, generally by authors of Japanese comic fiction who tend to not draw to scale, or anything with large size properly.
Self explanatory and pretty brief. I see a lot of feats on the wiki where people are wrongly using curvature scaling even though they're well in Earth's atmosphere and large portions of the landscape are visible, as well as being around cloud level more often than not. The main culprit is height and dimensions. As height increases and you are still well within Earth's atmosphere, you're only witnessing the curvature of the horizon proportional to your height, not the curvature of the entire planet.
The threshold elevation for detecting curvature would seem to be somewhat less than …Read more >
I used the measurement obtained from scaling found in the Guy scenes (189m) instead of using Sasuke's scaling because they're both comparable and people would appreciate the high-end more.
Using this measured value of the mid-beginning of the root, I found the width of the trunk of the tree to be 767.5 meters in diameter, and the total length of the god tree to be 6.124 kilometers tall. Also the height of the god tree stump (what was left rooted in the ground after Naruto bisected it) was measured to be 1.19km tall.
I used scaling from the crater that Hagoromo summoned Team 7 and the Bijuu back to from Kaguya's dimension. The way I scaled this was by using the light of the edo tensei release coming out of the crater. Through using Minato as …
Read more >
So, we all have an issue with angsize formula, isn't accurate at all or even straight out wrong. I made a few housemade experiments in order to find out if the current formula is accurate.
Ok, so in order to determinate if the angsize formula is correct, I'm going to use my candles of known height and separate them a known distance and see if the results fits.
- Distance (the length of my tile) = 86.6 cm
- Distance from the camera = 86.6 cm
- Candle = 22.5 cm
Picture 1 (left):
- Candle = 381 px
- Angle = 2*artg[381/1200*tg(35 rad)] = 0.3 rad ==> 17.11 degrees
- Calculator gives us a distance of 1266.3 px, that is 1266.3/381*22.5 = 74.8 cm
According to the formula the distance is actually smaller than the real one, a deviation of ~14%; but maybe the formula is …
Read more >
As you can see, their mean velocity during this race is about 115 m/s.
- Sonic Races Metal Sonic - 115 m/s, Subsonic Class
Tidbit: This is actually fairly consistent with our result from the last Sonic CD calculation, with Sonic moving at about 1/3rd the speed of sound without using the Super Peel Out technique and half the speed of sound with it.Read more >
Tidbit: This level of acceleration implies that Supergirl could become "faster than a speeding bullet" in around a tenth of a centimeter. Basically just twitching a single one of her toes. After moving an entire footstep's worth of distance she would be moving faster than any man-made earthbound object.Read more >
) = 37,600 J
- How Strong is the Mii Brawler? - 37,600 J, Superhuman Class
Tidbit: For reference, this is over 50x the energy behind Olympic level shot put throws.Read more >
Bolt Crank catch a bullet with his teeths.
- Soldier's head = 59.3 px = 172/8 = 21.5 cm
- Distance = 70.26 px = 25.473 cm (Could be a little unaccurate since I don't known exactly where is he aiming)
- Timeframe (Futuristic weapon is futuristic, so I'm going to use an assault weapon used by police as reference, I think the FN P90 is the most similar, correct me if I'm wrong) = 25.473/(715*100)*10^6 = 356.27 us
They had been teleporting through space using their flying vessel when all of a sudden, they discovered a green-robed Daolord had suddenly appeared a few billion kilometers up ahead of them. This Daolord was quite ugly, with white eyebrows hanging down all the way to his chest. He was leisurely strolling through the emptiness of space, but when he saw Ning’s flying vessel appear a look of murder appeared in his eyes.
That glare alone gave all five of them a sensation of tremendous danger.
"Leave right away."
All five of them could sense death impending.
"Ahh!" Prince Greatjoy furiously sent his vessel into an immediate teleport. Swoosh! Right after his vessel disappeared, a sharp thread-like streak of light lashed through the em…Read more >
I've done this before, but I thought I could do this a better. Fewer steps, more precision, all that.
Keep in mind, this is going to be a bit of a high end, and also pretty rough. The camera keeps moving throughout the scenes, which makes Wonder Woman appear slower than she really is during slow motion shots and faster than she is during real time shots. The effect isn't crazy, the result won't be off by orders of magnitude or anything, but keep this in mind.
In slow motion, Wonder Woman's average velocity appears to be 0.534 m/s. In real time, her average velocity comes out to 17.2 m/s. Dividing these into each other, the scene seems to be running at 32.2x slower than real time. However, accounting for the camera movement and whatnot the "real…
Read more >
Tony Jay comments about the strength.
- Raziel’s height = 276 px = 194.7 cm
- Block’s side = 370 px = 261.01 cm
- Volume = 261.01^3 = 17782141.67 cc
- Weight (These blocks can vary, they could be either Marble or Granite, so going with marble cuz low-end) = 17782141.67*2.7 ~ 48 tons
- Force to move (minimal, using hard rock in hard rock) = 48*0.55 ~ 26.4 tons ==> Raziel can move up to three blocks, one above others = 26.4*3 = 79.22 tons
also, since Raziel doesn't seems to have an official height, I'll give him 170 cm, he is smaller than Kain and generally is a little stooped.
VoidReaper linked me to Daniel Cabuco's forum, Creative Director and Artist from several LoK games, in there it state that Kain's height is 7 ft or 2.1336 m, and Raziel around the 6 ft (Tho ambiguos), so I'm going to use that for reference.
- Kain = 1200 px = 2.1336 m
- Raziel = 1095 px = 1.947 m or 6 ft 4 2/3 in
- Raziel’s height = 255 px = 194.7 cm
- Piramid’s base = 246.65 px = 188.33 cm
- Piramid’s height = 209.2 px = 159.72 cm
- Trought’s base (again, don't known how to translate the name) = 660 px = 503.93 cm
- Piramid’s base = 193.75 px = 188.33 cm
- Trought’s height = 1230.1 px = 1195.7 cm
- Raziel’s heigh…
Read more >
According to the Space Jam manual, Wile E. Coyote is 1.17 meters tall, so that's what we used for our measuring stick here. Simply tracking Wile E.'s motion after he begins moving shows that he descends the hill at a rate of 305 m/s.
- How Fast is Road Runner? (Lap Speed) - 180 m/s ~ Mach 0.5, Subsonic Class+
- How Fast is Road Runner? (Jet Boot Speed) - 305 m/s ~ Mach 0.9, Subsonic Class+
Raiji (Rai I) lift the Empire State's antenna. Internet tell me nothing about its weight so going to compare to a typical guyed tower.
- Antenna = 183 = 1454 – 1250 = 204 ft = 62.18 m
- Width = 6 px = 2.038 m (Mean width)
- ES Antenna weight (Using the 200 ft tall for reference. All the towers are 2 ft in width = (204/200)*(2.038/0.6096)^2*6197/2.2035 = 32083.4 kg
This is the first, youngest and weakest of the Rai, so it scales to the others.
Using the OWTC's antenna as reference is more accurate than using a triangular poster, so scaling down the spire that it's 408 feet tall and 758 tons the weight is.
- 204/408 = 0.5x 0.5^3 = 0.125x 0.125*758 = 94.8 tons/86,000 kg
Not sure if it considered aim dodge, but going to try anyway: Rai is ran out by a car and then proceed to dodge the turret projectiles. Instead of angsize (cuz I dislike it), going to compare the vehicle to a 1946 modified Nash (seems pretty similar, but I'm not an expert in cars anyway); the length of the cars doesn't exceed the 208 9/16 inch of length. The turret will be compared to a Type 89 machine gun (both are japanese and have double cannon).
- Car length = 417 px = 208 9/16 inch = 5.3 m
- Car front = 162 px = 2.06 m
- Height from base (the turret is at most as high as the gunner) = 0.4075*1.72 = 0.7009
- Distance from Rai = sqr[2.06^2 + 0.7009^2] = 2.176 m
- Total distance (subtracting weapon's length) = 2.176 – 1.069 = 1.107 m
- Time = 1.107/746*1000 =…
Read more >
The Eternal Warrior drag the head of the Pale Herder.
- Kalam’s head = 83.87 px, the size in units doesn't matter
- Pale Herder’s head = 1755.465 px
- Height Ratio = 1755.465/83.87 = 20.93 ==> Size Ratio = 20.93^3 = 9170.08
- Human mass weight (from this site its says is 0.0694 the mass of the person, neck and head actually, the creature literally has no neck; and using my own weight as reference (I should be "older" than Kalam) = 72*0.0694 = 5 kg
- Pale Herder’s head weight = 9170.08*5 = 45821 kg
- Minimal force to drag (They are in a salt desert, so fine to medium sand, correct me if I'm wrong) = 45821*0.45 = 20.62 tons
Aric flew from Loam to Mars, Loam is located in Alpha Centauri, 4.3 lightyears from Earth. Now, Dead Hand were at run, and it would reach Earth in 24 h from a unknown localization, but Aric was still in Loam, that means that he crossed 4.3 lightyears in less than 24 hours. The calc consider negligible the distance between the Earth and Mars, and between Loam and Alpha Centauri A.
- Distance from Alpha Centauri = 4.3*9.4607*10^15 = 40.681*10^15 m
- Speed = 40.681*10^15/(24*3600) = 470845023148 m/s = 1570.57c
Kay McHenry, the Geomancer, escape before a tower fall over her. Since I don't known that kind of tower, I need to scale a lot, difficulting my work in like a 60%...
Higher left picture:
- Key’s height = 170.83 + 153 + 216.1 = 537 px = 162.9 cm (Average in EEUU)
- Height from ground (h) = 550 px = 166.865 cm
Higher right picture:
- Officer’s head = 46 px = 22 cm (For not so athletic people)
- Tower width = 252.71 px = 120.86 cm
Lower left picture:
- Tower width = 112.8 px = 120.86 cm
- Piece height = 592.71 px = 635 cm
- Rail = 132.23 px = 141.68 cm
Lower right picture:
- Rail = 20 px = 141.68 cm
- Tower height = 580 = 4108.7 cm
Now bring your physic books and open them in the free fall section:
- Distance from h (see above. Going to put the center of mass in middle of the …
Read more >
Garnet lift a giant axe. Unfortunately for
modern animationme, character in SU never has a consistent height so I'll scale the character that, in my opinion, do not shapeshift not has an unnatural size: Lion. Lions has a height of at least 120 cm.
- Lion = 210 px = 120 cm
- Battle axe = 842 px = 481 cm
Now, I didn't find an axe that fit with the Garnet's one, or at least didn't find its weight, but here it says that axes mass varu from 0.5 to 3 kg, and length vary from 0.3 m to 1.5 m; the ones with higher length are technically spikes, so going with a short axe that is the case of Garnet's axe (just that its a bigger version).
- Weight (0.5 kg and 0.3 m) = [(481/100)/0.3]^3*0.5 ~ 1970 kg
With the recent plublish of SU artwork, it was revealed that Beach City is located around Rehoboth Bay, and that the Galaxy Warp, the place where the Gems used to teletransport to another colonies from another planets, is located in the "Tunguska Sea", that is located in middle of the real Rusia. I say this cuz in the episode "Same Old World", Lapis along with Steven travelled to "Rusia".
Using this calculator, and the city of Surinda as reference (city is located in middle of Rusia, or close to the supposed Galaxy Warp), the distance between Rehoboth Bay and Surinda is around 8700 km
However, the first time that Lapis and Steven goes to the Galaxy Warp, they were located in Empire City; such place isn't mentioned in the map, but is the expy…
Read more >
From the last episode,"Lars Head", Steven along with two Off-Colors gems wall up the "entrance" with a big rock; episode can be watched here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4kAJwTQ6mdKeGlFWHFuSDlPS3M.
Before start, I'll make notice that no one in SU has an official height, the crewniverse
are enought lazy to create a height charttake sthe freedom to draw the characters as they want; so the height here will be based in this episode and statements from previous one: Steven has grown issues since the 8 years old (iirc), so using this chart, I'll place him in 135 cm, If you are wondering why I put him so small, see the right pic, he's around half of Lars height, and there has been episodes where he seems smaller.
- Steven’s height = 43.33…
Read more >
Yellow Diamond was capable to lift partially the Warship (no link this time); see this blog in order to known what I did exactly:
- Lighthouse = 42 px = 45 m (Using Pigeon Point Lighthouse as reference since its very similar)
- Hand = 343.433 + 50 + 95.19 = 468.622 px = 502.1 m
- Size ratio = (502.1/0.0989)^3 = 130852429155 ([https://www.exrx.net/Kinesiology/Segments See here for real hands dimensions)
- Mass (Using density of steel for the ship) = 130852429155*(72*0.065)*(7850/1062) = 4.52*10^12 kg, taking hollowness into account: 3.18*10^12*0.5 = 2.26*10^12 kg
- Unfortunalely I do not known how much a finger weight, but eyeballing, the addition of all finger shouldn't exeed 40% of the hand weight, so common fingers should weight around 8% of all the hand: ma…
Read more >
Of course, Hawkeye is a bent bent over here (around 1 head lower than his normal height), so we adjusted his height to be just around 1.5 m.
Doing that, we see that Hawkeye's arrows traveled a distance of 1.52 m in 0.034 s, for a speed of 44.7 m/s.
- How Fast Are Hawkeye's Arrows? - 44.7 m/s, Subsonic Class
The distance between Kame House and Capsule Corp is about 260 "units". Comparing this to the planet's radius, assuming that equals our own, puts a distance of around 16,500 km between Kame House and Capsule Corp. Comparing that to the distance between Satan City and Goku's house, which are 40 "units" and 1000 km apart, would bump this down to 6500 km.
v = d/t
- d = 16,500,000 m
- t = 1200 s
16,500,000/1200 = 13,750 m/s, which we'll round to 13,800 m/s
v = d/t
- d = 6,500,000 m
- t = 1200 s
6,500,000/1200 = 5420 m/s
- Krillin Outspeeds a Plane ("Our World" Method) - Mach 40.6, Hypersonic Class
- Krillin Outspeeds a Plane ("Goku's House" Method) - Mach 15.9, Hypersonic Class
The distance between Goku's house and the Android's location is around 130 "units". Using our planet's radius, this would make the distance between them and Goku around 8300 km. Basing it off the fact that Goku and Satan City are 40 "units" apart, the distance between them and Goku would be about 3300 km.
v = d/t
- d = 8,300,000 m
- t = 120 s
8,300,000/120 = 69,000 m/s
v = d/t
- d = 3,300,000 m
- t = 120 s
3,300,000/120 = 28,000 m/s
- The Androids Could Fly to Goku's House ("Our World" Method) - Mach 200, Massively Hypersonic Class
- The Androids Could Fly to Goku's House ("Goku's House" Method) - Mach 82, Hypersonic Class+
√((2*40)/2,600,000) = 0.0055 seconds
If we assume Hit moved about a meter during his dodge, then...
v = d/t
- d = 1 meter
- t = 0.0055 seconds
1/0.0055 = 180 m/s
Of course, this is only his average velocity. His peak velocity would be at least double that, as demonstrated above, which gives him a minimum velocity of 360 m/s.
- Hit's Speed During the Tournament of Destroyers (Time-Skip/Average) - 12.6 m/s, Subsonic Class
- Hit's Speed During the Tournament of Destroyers (Time-Skip/Peak) - >25.2 m/s, Subsonic Class
- Hit's Speed During the Tournament of Destroyers (Full Power/Average) - 180 m/s, Subsonic Class+
- Hit's Speed During the Tournament of Destroyers (Full Power/Peak) - >Mach 1.1, Supersonic Class
It's worth noting that the God Kamehameha would've had a speed of over Ma…Read more >
Unfortunately, the best I can do with this calculation is a rough ballpark estimate. We don't know Super Buu's height aside from estimations, and the distance he is to the ground and the distance the rubble falls is a bit inconsistent.
Nevertheless, I'll try anyways.
Buu appears to be about 7.5 meters off the ground, assuming his height is around 2.4 meters and approximating from there. We know that the most of the rubble has nearly hit the ground by the time the blast reaches the other side of the planet, since we can see it's still slightly in the air in the panel with Mr. Satan.
If we assume this rubble fell about 7 meters in-between the panels where the blast hits the ground and the panel where we see Mr. Satan (which seems reasonable), then thi…Read more >
For our second method, we'll be scaling off the distance between Goku's house and Satan City. According to the globe, this is about 40~ units, slightly rounding up, which we know translates to 1000 km in actuality.
Since the distance between Satan City and West City is still 250~ units, that would mean the distance between them is about 6300~ km.
Our timeframe is 5 seconds, which gives us the last bit of information we need.
v = d/t
- d = 16,000,000 m
- t = 5 s
16,000,000/5 = 3,200,000 m/s
v = d/t
- d = 6,300,000 m
- t = 5 s
6,300,000/5 = 1,260,000 m/s, 1,300,000 m/s when accounting for our previous levels of precision
- Vegeta's Flying Speed ("Our World" Method) - Mach 9400, Massively Hypersonic+ Class
- Vegeta's Flying Speed ("Goku's House" Method) - Mach 3800, Massively …
Read more >
A rather easy calculation. We'll be using the same method as our last blog on the Magikarp. Meaning, we aren't accounting for air friction (not that it's meaningful at such a small scale anyways).
) = 195.9 J
F = W/d
- W = 195.9 J
- d = 0.2 m
195.9/0.2 = 979.5 N
- The Rather Meager Strength of the Average Magikarp (Speed) - 6.26 m/s
- The Rather Meager Strength of the Average Magikarp (Energy) - 195.9 J, Human Class
- The Rather Meager Strength of the Average Magikarp (Force) - 979.5 N, Human Class
) = 34,690 J
F = W/d
- W = 34,960 J
- d = 0.2 m
34,960/0.2 = 173,500 N
- The Strength of the Humble Magikarp (Speed) - 83.3 m/s, Subsonic Class
- The Strength of the Humble Magikarp (Energy) - 34,690 J, Superhuman Class
- The Strength of the Humble Magikarp (Force) - 17.7 metric tons-force
) = 4,000,000,000 J
- The Destructive Force of the Ohmu (Length) - 45~ m
- The Destructive Force of the Ohmu (Weight) - 5000~ metric tons
- The Destructive Force of the Ohmu (Speed) - 40 m/s, Subsonic Class
- The Destructive Force of the Ohmu (Energy/Durability) - 0.96 Tons of TNT, Wall Class+
I thought it would be fun to measure Bowser's height throughout the series. I had a few conditions, though, in order to keep things consistent and concise. Those conditions are...
- To measure Bowser as he is in the main platforming series, to avoid combing through hundreds of games
- To measure Bowser as he is standing in-game, not as he stands in a T-pose
- To measure Bowser to the top of his head, not his horns or shell
- To exclude Super Bowser, as his size is explicitly far larger than normal
Our last game to go over. I've already covered Bowser's "true" ("true" being used loosely here, his size varies greatly in Odyssey) height in this game before, but as said, I'm not measuring him to his T-pose height. Rather his "natural" height that he usually …
Read more >
Alright, so the first thing we need to do is establish how much time is slowed by. Link uses this effect in other situations, and those are a lot easier to determine.
In this gif the timer goes down by 0.0333... s per 1 s of realtime. This means Link's slow motion effect slows time to 1/30th its normal pace.
Knowing that, that means that Link's dash towards the Guardian, which takes 0.14 s in real time, took 0.0047 s in reality. In addition, his attacks against the Guardian take just 0.0023 s to hit after reaching their peak.
Judging by how many "Links" away Link is from the Guardian, the distance crossed during his dash seems to be about 3.5 m. His arm moves around 0.59 m during the attack as well. With both distance and timeframe, we can determine Link's…Read more >
Yichuan walked in front of them towards four marble tablets, each one of them weighing several hundred pounds. Yichuan grabbed one of them, then threw it far away into the distance, and then grabbed another one and tossed that one as well. In the blink of an eye, all four of them were howling through the air.
These massive, heavy tablets were thrown with such force that they made the air howl. They were like four missiles, and had transformed into black dots in the sky.
[Hrm.] A pitch-black greatbow appeared in the hands of the bearded man, Blindfish, along with four arrows. He raised his bow high.
Shua! Shua! Shua! Shua!
Four arrows flashed through the skies, disappearing almost instantly as they chased after those four black dots. Pengpengpe…
Read more >
= 492 px
- M = 340 m/s
340(93/492) = 64.3 m/s
- Susie Blocks Soundwaves - >64.3 m/s
Note: This is an absolute minimum. This is assuming she moved at the same time the words were spoken, which is untrue, and that she had no acceleration, which is impossible.Read more >
- Speed of the Piranha Plant's Fireball - 3.9 m/s, Human Class
Since Soulcalibur VI just came out I figured it'd be a good idea to comb through the original series for any interesting feats and showings. That's all, really.
- Mitsurugi is not stronger than the rifle, he seeks the Soul Edge to overcome that
- Taki has supernatural powers that allow her to slay demons
- Cervantes, despite having the Soul Edge, was defeated by a team consisting of Taki and Sophitia
- Mitsurugi has trained to master the sword in order to surpass firearms, he has enough speed to approach enemies "in an instant"
- Siegfried!Nightmare is capable of slashing through "anything" in a single stroke, and has been known to decimate villages and cities
- Voldo has highly acute senses, being able to detect people standing behind him
- Maxi survives being hit throu…
Read more >
In the intro to Soul Calibur III Cervantes takes a shot at Ivy, with Ivy moving the gun out of the way before the bullet can leave the barrel.
We see in the cut to Ivy's motion that she begins moving before the gun flares, but in the shot of the gun firing we see that her foot isn't in frame yet. This means that while Ivy began moving before the gun fired, her foot still moved about 20 cm before the bullet left the barrel, estimating.
Watching several different videos for reference, the average time between the flame erupting from a barrel and the bullet exiting is around 0.00011 seconds. This is only counting the times the bullet does exit after the flame, of course, as often times they'll exit either simultaneously or the bullet will come first, b…Read more >
Oh, this also shows that Hank is really tiny, probably because of the art style of the series. He's just 0.587 m tall.
- Hank Bullet Times (Reaction Time) - >2.3 milliseconds
- Hank Bullet Times (Height) - 0.587 m
The distances in both gifs are marked, so this is just a matter of timing.
In the first gif it takes an average of 1 s to cross every 10 m, meaning that in Halo 5 a Spartan has a base sprint speed of 10 m/s. In the second gif, which is the maximum attainable speed (using all boosts in the game) has the Spartan take about 0.2 s to cross every marker, for a speed of 50 m/s.
The maximum sustainable sprint speed possible, without any boosts from sliding or weaponry, is 3x higher than the basic sprint speed, making it 30 m/s.
- Spartan Movement Speed (Base) - 10 m/s, Athlete Class+
- Spartan Movement Speed (Boosts) - 30 m/s, Subsonic Class
- Spartan Movement Speed (Maximum Attainable) - 50 m/s, Subsonic Class
In our last blog we measured the length of tiles in various 2D Zelda games. Now that we know those tile sizes, it's possible to measure how fast Link is moving when crossing them.
In ALttP, it takes Link 0.071 s to cross a single tile when using the Pegasus Boots. In LA, 0.19 s, and in ALBW, 0.062 s. Going by our previously established tile sizes, this means that the speed of the Pegasus Boots throughout the series is:
- A Link to the Past: 24.1 m/s
- Link's Awakening: 7.26 m/s
- A Link Between Worlds: 26.8 m/s
For an average of 19.4 m/s, Subsonic Class.Read more >
In ALttP and ALBW the hookshot moves 8 tiles, and in LA it moves only 6. That means that for these games the tile sizes are:
- A Link to the Past: 1.72 m
- Link's Awakening: 1.38 m
- A Link Between Worlds: 1.66 m
Huge thanks to Supper Mario Broth for actually providing these figures.
As the article that measures these speeds is a Patreon exclusive, I will not be copy-pasting it into this blog. I will, however, describe the methods used to gain these speeds and then convert them into a more usable format.
To find these speeds, Supper Mario Broth just measured Mario's height in in-game pixels, then found the amount of pixels he moved over 50 in-game frames. They then converted this result into "Marios per frame", giving us Mario's speed in proportion to his height.
In order to convert this into m/s we need just two things, Mario's height and the FPS of the console each game is played on.
Mario's height is 1.5 m, that's the easy part. Slightly more difficu…Read more >
Credit to DarkMagic.
"Here is a clip of an [Audi A7] traveling between the pillars at 30% speed.
We know the Audi A7 is 196.2" long or about 16.5 ft.
I went frame by frame in After effects with this clip as well using the Audi's [overall] length as a good measuring stick. The distance between the pillars looks somewhere around 25-28ft. I think about 8 meters is a very accurate approximation of the distance between the pillars.
So now that we know the distance that BP traveled and the time it took him to travel that distance we can get an accurate approximation.
V = 8m/.45s = 17.7 meters per second or 40mph. But still keep in mind [Cap] isn't travelling as fast as BP."
- Black Panther Outruns Some Cars - 17.7 m/s, Subsonic Class
Extrapolating his abilities from real life peak performances, Captain America should have these stats:
- Reaction time: 0.075 s (Scaled from a maximum reaction time of 0.1 s)
- Sprint speed: 15.28 m/s (Scaled from Usain Bolt's maximum velocity)
- Bench press: 406.3 kg (Scaled from Eric Spoto's unequipped world record)
- Deadlift: 625 kg (Scaled from Eddie Hall's world record)
- Squat: 606.3 kg (Scaled from Ray Williams' raw world record)
It should be noted that these strength figures are fairly consistent with Cap being able to, with effort, lift Iron Man, given that Iron Man weighs between 272 and 363 kg.Read more >
Credit goes to DarkMagic.
The feat is too long for a gif, so here's a video of it and an archive of that video in case that ever goes down.
"That's a H125 (formerly known as AS350), weighing in at 2,816 lbs pounds and capable of producing 712 horsepower gives it approx. 632 kW of takeoff power (at sea level). This allows it to have a maximum takeoff weight of 6,172 lbs.
We can assume that the aircraft is hovering at a constant horizontal [plane], otherwise the Captain and his arm would have been airlifted into the clouds. At hover mode, the helicopter will use 50% of its maximum engine thrust. So at 3,086 Ibs at hover mode.
The most efficient angle of attack, in order to achieve a maximum lateral pull, would be 22.5 degrees. But the aircraft l…Read more >
Credit goes to RandomGuy96.
"The vehicle in question was a Ford Ranger, with an average curb weight of 3,000 - 3,500 lbs. Using the 3,500 lbs figure:
1/2 of weight = 1,750 lbs or 794 kg
Friction = 0.7 [coefficient] x 794 [mass] x 9.8 [gravity] = 5447 newtons
Captain America had to overcome that much force. Still probably around a 1-ton kick, since again the force of his kick has to far exceed that force."
- Captain America Kicks a Truck - >0.56 metric tons-force, Superhuman Class
Credit goes to Gojirason.
"(14 frames after initial frame)
That reduces the velocity as well. By the time it had finished accelerating having left Cap's fist, it had already traveled around 2 feet.
6.25 feet in ~0.3 seconds (9 frames) is about 20.8 feet per second, or 6.3m/s. This can be double checked with actually checking the bag's trajectory from frame to frame, but I'm too lazy. It seems right enough.
6.3m/s in ~0.15s (somewhere between 4 and 5 frames [of acceleration], seemed like a ballpark figure) is an average acceleration of 42 m/s^2, or around 4.3g.
All of the above corrections in mind and taking the 150kg assumption to heart, the actual average force demonstrated [snip] is more along the lines of 6300 Newtons.
Now that sounds small a…
Read more >
This one's easy, the distance and the time is basically spelled out for us.
Using the "Seek and Destroy" rune the Doom Slayer can triple his base Glory Kill range, going from 6 m to 18 m. It takes him 0.2 s to travel this far.
v = d/t
- d = 18 m
- t = 0.2 s
18/0.2 = 90 m/s
- Doom Slayer's Lunge Speed - 90 m/s