The main protagonist of Hideyuki Kikuchi's Vampire Hunter D, D was the only successful dhampir offspring of Dracula himself. Being far stronger than most every vampire in the world, and containing lessened forms of their weaknesses, D traveled the world hunting down the monsters that preyed on humanity. All the while, D served as a symbol of hope for humanity, propelling them forwards to take back the world.
Power: Not applicable
Range: Standard melee range physically, several meters with his longsword.
Powers & Abilities
- Superhuman Physiology
- Regeneration: Internal. D's regeneration is potent enough that he can completely ignore being stabbed through the stomach and heavy neck injuries.
- Power Nullification
- Enhanced Senses: D has incredible eyesight, capable of spotting opponents from hundreds of meters away.
- Possible Telekinesis: D is seemingly able to divide projectiles near his body without actually touching them.
- Left Hand: D's symbiotic partner that resides in his left hand. He's capable of acting independently of D, even working when D is dead. He often acts as D's partner during investigations.
- Absorption: D's left hand can absorb everything from spiders to human sized minions to ghostly attacks.
- Truth Inducement: D's left hand can make people tell the truth by being placed to their foreheads.
- Resurrection: If D dies from a recoverable wound, his left hand can aid in his regeneration process to bring him back to life.
- Enhanced Senses: D's left hand can track people by smell for at least 400 meters and sense atomic arrangements by taste.
- Resistance: To Poison.
- Longsword: D's sword is incredibly long, almost as long as D is tall, and its blade is just as impressively sharp, being capable of cutting through steel with ease.
- Cape: D's cape is very flexible and strong, capable of grabbing and throwing opponents with ease.
- Sunlight: While sunlight won't kill D, it does cause him great pain. Every once in a while, D will suffer from Sunlight Syndrome, requiring him to bury himself in the dirt to recover, during which time he's vulnerable to attack.
- Crosses: Crosses don't hurt D all that much, but they do strain him.
- Roses: Touching a rose will allegedly put D in great agony.
- Water: D, supposedly, cannot cross running water or stand in water without being paralyzed, though this is inconsistent.
- ↑ Split the ground by swinging his blade, Chapter 5
- ↑ Cut through steel it'd take an hour to get through a quarter inch of with a laser, Chapter 30
- ↑ See Sources 1 and 2
- ↑ Stopped a thrown coffin in mid-air, Chapter 9
- ↑ Intercepted an opponent moving faster than could be seen, Chapter 3
- ↑ Appeared to vanish to a crowd of villagers, Chapter 7
- ↑ Reacted to, but failed to avoid, a very close range arrow, Chapter 20
- ↑ Capable of reacting to, but not completely avoiding, a barrage of arrows, Chapter 24
- ↑ Threw a knife at supersonic velocities, Chapter 4
- ↑ Threw stakes so fast they burst into flame, Chapter 5
- ↑ Cut a bolt of lightning in half, Chapter 17
- ↑ Survived an explosion that destroyed a massive door, Chapter 7